When I first started personal training at a small studio in Hoboken, not too long ago, I couldn't have imagined how much I would thoroughly enjoy getting up before 6am to drag my butt to the gym. Before I started this journey, 7am was just about as early as I could motivate myself to get a hard workout in. It's during these early morning sessions I truly see the power of teamwork and accountability. I don't want to let my clients down and they don't want to let me down. Knowing that these clients are counting on me to motivate them and push them inspires me to no end.... and also helps me pop up at 5:40am instead of hit the snooze button. I'll be sharing many experiences as I continue but for now I wanted to show you what this 6am workout looked like for me and my client this morning. Oh yeah, and if my clients get up and show up early then I do the workout with them, that's the deal. There's nothing worse than, not only dying from a workout at 6am but having someone sip coffee watching and criticizing you the whole way.
1. Side to side jumps, front and back, jumping jacks (20 second each).
2. Push up walk outs, renegade rows, offset kettlebell swings, goblet squats, kettlebell swings, kettlebell rows, push-ups
1. Goblet Squats, kettlebell swings, kettle bell rows, push-ups
1. Single arm clean and press, single arm squat press, single arm squats, single arm push press, around the world squats, alternating single arm swings
Workout #3: (3 rounds)
1. Trap bar dead-lift/ goblet squats
2. Airdyn bike/ heavy rope
3. Jumping jacks/ kettlebell swings